Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, or use gf soy sauce*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced very thinly
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- sesame seeds as garnish, if desired
- In a large measuring cup or bowl add the soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, mirin, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper and whisk until everything is completely dissolved.
- In a large skillet add one teaspoon canola oil on medium high heat and cook half the chicken until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the second half of the chicken and an additional teaspoon of oil.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add in the remaining oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30-45 seconds until very fragrant but not browned.
- Stir the garlic and ginger well and add in the sauce, whisking well.
- Add in the broccoli and let the sauce cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the chicken and stir well to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.