Chopped Shrimp Salad (With Bacon and Blue Cheese)
Chopped Shrimp Salad Ingredients:
- 4 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounce butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 small corn on the cobb, grilled or roasted
- 1 ounce blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces diced avocado, 1 half small haas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp and the fat is rendered.
Transfer the bacon to a paper towel using a slottted spoon.
Remove all but 1 teaspoon of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
Add the shrimp and garlic to the skillet and cook 3 minutes, until opaque. Remove and chop into bite sized pieces.
To assemble the salad divide between 2 plates or toss everything together in a large bowl.
Serve right away, drizzled with 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper over each salad.