Grilled Salmon with Fresh Citrus and Herbs
Grilling weather is here! Using an outdoor grill is a great way to reduce the fat content of meats, experiment with different vegetables, and get some vitamin D. Give this heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory recipe below and let us know what you think!
- 4, 6-ounce servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Grilled Citrus & Herbs Salmon Ingredients:
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless side of salmon (best if fresh)
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill, divided
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Preheat outdoor grill to medium/375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray. Arrange half of the dill down the middle of the foil and top with lemon slices. Place the salmon on top.
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter the garlic over the salmon then lay the remaining dill and lemon on top.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed forming a sealed packet leaving a little room inside the foil for air to circulate.
- Carefully slide the wrapped salmon on the grill. Close the grill and let the salmon cook for approximately 14-18 minutes or until it almost reaches 145 degrees F at the thickest part.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the grill once it flakes easily with a fork and/or reaches 145 degrees F.