Roasted Lentil Granola (Adapted from Oatmeal with a Fork)
Roasted Lentil Granola Ingredients:
- 3/4c Red Lentils
- 1/4c Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 4 TSP Vanilla
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP + 1/8 TSP Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- Add the lentils into a saucepan and cover them with water
- Bring the mix to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and let the lentils cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the lentils and let them cool a bit
- In a bowl, mix the lentils with the remaining ingredients
- Pour the mix onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, and let them bake for 50-60 minutes (stir the mix once or twice during the time).
- Let cool and enjoy as a snack, cereal, or as a topping on your favorite yogurt!