White Bean Turkey Chili
White Bean Turkey Chili Ingredients:
- olive oil spray
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 4.5 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, to your taste
- 1/2 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, to your taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 15.5 ounce cans of cannellini or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- diced avocado
- sliced jalapeno
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- chopped scallions
Heat a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium flame. When hot, spray with oil.
Add onions and garlic, saute until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the meat and cook, breaking it up until white and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add diced green chilies, salt, cumin, oregano, chili powder, red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes.
Pure 1 can of beans in the blender with 1 cup of the broth. Add to the pot with the remaining beans, broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce to a simmer, about 30 to 35 minutes mixing occasionally, until thickened and the flavors meld.
Stir in sour cream and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning and salt to taste.
To serve, topped with your favorite toppings.
Slow Cooker directions: To make in the slow cooker, follow steps 1 to 5, reducing the broth to 1 1/2 cups and transfer to the slow cooker for 8 hours on low.
Instant Pot directions: To make in the Instant Pot, you will need an 8 quart IP or halve the recipe. Reduce the broth to 1 1/2 cups, cook high pressure 25 minutes.