Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets
Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets Ingredients:
- 8 pieces chicken drumsticks and thighs, on the bone, skinned
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce, divided
- optional chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 4 pieces Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, 12 x 18 inches
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425F.
- Cut four large 18 x 12-inch pieces of foil and layout on a flat surface.
- Place 3/4 cup frozen mixed veggies in the center of each piece of foil.
- Season chicken with salt, garlic powder and paprika. Brush both sides of the chicken with 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and place 2 pieces (1 drumstick, 1 thigh) in the middle of each foil packet.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food. Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet tight, so no steam escapes.
To Grill the foil packets:
- Place foil packets onto a preheated grill over medium-high heat and grill, covered over indirect heat for 50 to 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and chicken reaches an internal temp of 160F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Brush chicken with reserved BBQ sauce and cook uncovered 5 minutes more. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
To Bake the foil packets in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender and reaches an internal temp of 160F with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully open foil and brush the chicken with remaining BBQ sauce, bake 5 minutes uncovered and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.